Sunshine Dress pattern
Download it, print it, and sew it today!
The Sunshine Dress pattern by Sew Me a Garden is available as an instant download from Etsy.
The Sunshine Dress pattern by Sew Me a Garden is a 21 page PDF document that includes detailed instructions, pictures, and pattern pieces. The instructions will guide you through making a little girl's long or short sleeved Sunshine Dress in sizes 2-8. The pattern pieces print on regular 8.5" x 11" printer paper and are marked for very easy assembly (just tape together to make the full pattern pieces). Sunshine Dresses are fun and easy to make, the pattern is suitable for both beginner and experienced seamstresses. There are many tips and variations included in the pattern. Dresses made using this pattern can be sold in your own shop. Please credit Sew Me a Garden in your item description, such as "This dress was made using the Sunshine Dress pattern from SewMeAGarden.com."
- Printer and paper to print pattern
- 1-2 yards fabric that has some stretch, yardage needed depends on dress size/fabric print orientation/fabric width
- Sewing scissor and/or rotary cutter
- Coordinating thread
- Ballpoint sewing needles
- A walking foot for your sewing machine is recommended but not required
Recommended Fabrics (whatever fabric you choose should have at least a little stretch to it):
- 1/8 yard coordinating rib knit fabric or cotton/lycra fabric for neckline and/or sleeve cuffs
- 1 yard FOE (fold over elastic), either 5/8" or 1" width
- Pins or clothes pins to hold dress pieces together while sewing
- Size tag
The Sunshine Dress can be sewn entirely with a sewing machine. A serger and/or coverstitch machine can be used for seams and hems if desired.
- Velour (cotton velour, polyester velour, cotton/polyester velour, bamboo velour)
- Cotton knits (including cotton/lycra knits)
- Cotton fleece (medium or thin cotton sweatshirt fleece, it should have a little stretch)
- Polyester fleece (stretchy polar fleece, microfleece, microchamois)
- Non-stretchy fabrics such as cotton woven, flannel, etc can be used, but a slit in the back of the neckline with a button closure may be needed)
Approximate finished measurements:
Chest - measured from underarm seam to opposite underarm seam
Sleeve - measured from shoulder seam to wrist hem
Length - measured from shoulder seam to skirt hem
Sunshine Dress Sizing:
||Use the Sunshine Dress pattern to make a cute and sun-protecting swimsuit!
Use swimsuit material or polyester/lycra/spandex. Add some ruffles!
A big thank you to Bekah for letting me use her adorable photo!